Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Negative Nancy gets a 4 day weekend!

Holy Moley do I need it.

My school district gives us a 3rd quarter break but usually be lose it because we're making up snow days. As this was a fairly mild winter, the break is ours this year and I'm pretty pumped. It's a little annoying that the Coach had his 3rd quarter break last week but it does mean that I get to bring him lunch tomorrow and that adds a little excitement to his day.

The weather will be alright Thursday and Friday but not as pretty as it is here today. 80 and Sunny is a rare jewel for Southern Kentucky in March. It feels like a Florida March day only breezier. I love it. I'm blogging from the porch right now :-)

My Alma Mater's basketball team had a big win last night. And now it means they're on to play the University of Kentucky tomorrow and yikes is all I have to say about that game.  I do have a little more to say about WKU's coach, Ray Harper. I posted this on Facebook just a few minutes ago:


"Here's the thing about Coach Harper... He's positive and humble and he's doing something right with the players on his team because they are winning...BUT where will all of this support and admiration be the SECOND WKU starts having trouble? He will still be positive and classy and he will still be a good basketball Coach BUT everyone will dog him the way they did with Coach Horn and Coach McDonald and every other Head Coach of every other college sport ever. People don't really ever love their head coaches, they just love winning. It makes my stomach turn. I hope Coach Harper has a strong wife. She's in my prayers."


 Sounds negative doesn't it? I don't mean it to be, I just worry. I think about the Harper's and I think about us, the Coach and Me and our family some day. I wonder what it will really be like when Coach is the HEAD coach of a good football team and they start to lose. I wonder what it will really feel like when he gets fired for the first time (and he will, they all do.) I hope I'm strong enough. I hope I'm exactly the kind of wife he needs me to be when he needs me to be it.  Oh, I worry. I worry about how weak I really am and I worry about my Coach and they life he so deeply longs to have. 


Let's just hope that Coach Harper keeps winning and that my Coach wins too. And then we won't have to worry about getting fired....a girl can dream can't she??


We're getting closer and closer to the wedding, and the move to Florida and to our brand new life. I'm nervous, excited, in denial, overwhelmed, thrilled. And as the events grow closer my anxiety grows too. I hope that the Lord can bring me some peace soon. I'd like to get through the end of the school year with a happy heart. 


I think I got everything out of my system today. I'll put Negative Nancy away for a while. I'll be braving Lowes tomorrow for some porch plants! I'm not all that great at Lowes alone- the place overwhelms me so I'll let you know how that goes!


P.S. Pork Chops and Cheddar Cheese grits tonight for dinner!!! I feel good about it- I'll let ya know!


Love & Peace. 



1 comment:

  1. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for!!! Hold your head high!! You're an amazing wife (to be) and friend, coach is lucky

    ReplyDelete