Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wedding Weekend!

The Coach and I went up to Louisville this weekend to do a few wedding things. It was such a good weekend. I only wish it had been longer.

On Friday- it was snowy and they called school...for me :-) The Coach, he had to go to school, ha ha.
I spent my day sleeping in, writing lesson plans, cleaning my kitchen, bathroom and living room and talking to my friend, Alan on the phone about his wedding and football. It was a great day off! When the Coach got home from Football (it's Winter program) around 5:30pm we loaded up the car and headed north. We got it late enough to hit the hay and nothing else.

On Saturday- we got up early to meet the Church coordinator at Harvey Browne, we talked about candelabras, and music and alters and line-ups and...oh my, we talked about it all. Shortly after that we met with our Pastor and our NEW Pastor. Oh yes, I said NEW Pastor. Lonnnnggg story but it turns out after 8 months of premarital counseling our Pastor can't marry us- he has to be out of town. Luckily, he had someone else in mind and while we're finishing out our counseling with Pastor #1, we'll be married by Pastor #2. It's a little nutty but at least someone can marry us. I digress, we met with them both and then made our way down to the Mellwood Arts Center to meet with our great florist ( A KAPPA DELTA!) Jill Doyle. We worked out our budget and all of the lovely centerpieces for our reception. Which leads me to the highlight of the day...OUR MENU TASTING! Oh, so fun! The Coach and I picked out all the delicious treats from out big day and trust me, all who attend will leave full and happy!

That night the Coach and I went down to Baxter Avenue to this fabulous place called Papalino's Pizza. Y'all, I love pizza and not just any kind of pizza but classic New York style pizza with sauce that tastes like fresh tomatoes and floury crust. Yum Yum! This place is seriously the best pizza I've had in Kentucky. The restaurant is tiny and eclectic and it's a must visit if you're ever in Louisville. Check out their website: here!


We made it home that night just in time to watch Miss America! (Ann-Blair Thornton is Miss Kentucky this year. She's a WKU girl and the sister of one of my favorite El.Ed. majors. We were so excited to see her compete!)

On Sunday- we spent most of the morning with my childhood neighbors, who we refer to as my "godparents." We're so lucky to have them in our lives. They are going to play host to my wedding gown after it's steamed and then I'll be getting ready there with my bridesmaids on the morning of our wedding. Being there is like being as close to home as can be in Louisville. That afternoon we updated our registry, took care of the tuxes and went by to see the Coach's sister in her newly arrived Bridesmaids dress...which by the way, I LOVE! That night we watched some football and had Chili with the rest of Coach's family and hit the road back to Bowling Green.

Even though we were out of school on Monday, I felt like the day never even happened. Other than getting my oil changed and going to the gym (where I seriously almost puked in front of my trainer,) I can't remember doing anything! Which I guess makes it the perfect day off!

I hope you all had  wonderful weekends as well!

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment