Monday, March 7, 2011

VICTORY!

It was excellent! Not only was the Chicken Pot Pie (CPP) delicious, it was one of the prettiest meals I've ever made! My Ingredients: 1 Pie Plate from Grandma Craig, Frozen Mixed Veggies(Semi-thawed), 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of chicken broth, garlic, S&P, Parsley, EVOO, Chicken Breasts(not pictured) and 3tbs of flour.
In the left bowl I have mixed the veggie, CofC and 3 chopped cloves of Garlic, in my Pyrex measuring cup you are looking at 3/4 cup of chicken broth, 3 tbs of flour and my S&P&Parsley. I used about a TEAspoon of each, but to each their own. Next you want to cook your chicken in a skillet in the EVOO and the remaining chicken broth (see below for more details) while it's cooking, unroll your now room-temp pie crust. One roll into the bottom up your pie pan. When the chicken is cooked, add it to your creamy veggies, dump it into the pie shell and cover with the broth/flour/seasoning mix.
Cover your filling with the remaining pie crust, pinch together along the sides and cut slits in the top so your CPP can breathe :-)
Insert your CPP into a 400 degree (PREHEATED!) oven and set your timer for 40-45min. I needed 45 for mine.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

Remove your CPP.

Slice, Serve, ENJOY!!!


I did do a few things differently than the recipe:
1. I used chicken cutlets instead of whole chicken breasts.
2. I cooked my chicken breast in the skillet WITH the remaining chicken broth. I thought it might help keep my chicken moist and it did! Please forgive me, I didn't take a picture of the chicken cooking because I took that time to pick up some of the crap laying around in our living room before Coach got home.
3. Because the chicken was so juicy, I was able to break it apart into big chunks with my fingers and that made the pie feels much more "homemade"..."Authentic"... you know, "not nearly as processed as it actually was!"


Love and Peace friends! NCIS and GLEE tonight :-) Relax on the couch with some red wine and Chocolate-it's good for your heart, and your soul...speaking of Chocolate, I was feeling so pleased with my CPP I even made a batch of box brownies to finish us off :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment