Thursday, March 3, 2011

My very special people.


In 3rd grade writing, the kiddos are beginning to learn the basics of Powerpoint. As a favor to our 3rd Grade writing teacher, I created a kid-focused, kid-friendly Powerpoint on a special person in my life. As I was creating this "oops I almost forgot" PP I started to think about all of the people in my life who are special.

Last night I went over to a friends house to watch the new episode of Modern Family (if you don't watch it- you should- sooo funny!) and while I was there for 90 minutes we managed to catch up on everything under the sun; our families, our love lives, our diets, shopping, vacations, God, TV and Ice cream :-) How special is this relationship that after 7 years, 10 boyfriends, one HUGE fight and countless sleepovers we can reconnect in just a matter of minutes?!

We're the only ones left living here in Bowling Green. Most of our other friends from college moved home/away right after graduation so we see each other more that we see a lot of other people but it just doesn't seem to be enough. Last night she said, "Sometimes I feel like college never even happened" And I have to tell you that when I get caught up in my day to day routines I feel the same way too. It's so sad, they are some of the most FUN years we will ever have. So I consider myself very lucky to have a friend who brings me back to college and reminds me on a Wednesday night, over a Southern Lady magazine and an episode of Wednesday night TV that College did happen, that it wasn't nearly as long ago and we think and that most of all, WHAT IS PRECIOUS AND WHAT IS PERMANENT IS ALWAYS THE SAME.

Love & Peace (And AOT to my sisters) on this sunny Kentucky Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the super powerpoint about someone special. I really appreciate your help and willingness to pitch in on the spot.

    ReplyDelete