Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The silver bullet.


Isn't it lovely? Doesn't it just look like summer? Bar-b-ques, Church carnivals, Catholic Picnics...Diet Coke, friends, The drink of champions.


The above picture is what I see almost of every school day- We've grown to love each other!


I think it's pretty clear that I'm a Diet Coke fan. I'm actually pretty new to the DC fan club. I started Weight Watcher in the beginning of February and one of the big changes I had to make was drinking REGULAR soda at school during the day. I wasn't drinking soda hardly at all until I started my new job in January. And since it's there, I'll drink it. Coach and I never keep soda in the Apartment anymore so it's not like I drink it at home but at school....I was drinking 2 or 3 cans a day!!!!! Gross, I know.

So in order to curb my sweet tooth after lunch I have started drinking 1 (ONE!!) Diet Coke. It lasts me about 45 minutes before it's warm or gone. And it gives me the sweetness and caffeine I need to make it through another 2 hours of "Sit down please" and "No calling out, friends" and "Zach, what is that in your mouth?!?!" YIKES!

Now, with my recent increase in diet cola consumption I started to wonder- Are their risks? Diabetes? Cancer? BRAIN TUMOR? A little dramatic I do believe. My Dad always says, EVERYTHING IN MODERATION! And I think Diet Coke fits perfectly into that category. I did find an article from the Mayo Clinic that I thought you might all enjoy :-) Just a little something to make my Diet Coke drinking comrades(sp??) feel better!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diet-soda/AN01732

Read, Self-educate, DRINK AND ENJOY!

Love and Peace!

P.S. YIPEE to hitting 20 followers! Keep sharing with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment