Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Updates and Nieces and Florida...Oh my!

Coming to you live from BEAUTIFUL Tampa, Florida. As I write I sit by the pool where I spent many-a summer day as a kid. It's so good to be home :-)

Let me begin with a big fat thank you! I was so touched by all of the supportive emails I received regarding my last post about the struggles I am facing in my new teaching job. I couldn't believe the response. What wonderful followers and friends I have! That being said, I am now very very glad that I posted that piece. This is a lifestyle blog. It includes everything from fashion to family and travel and a lot about football. And this blog is about sharing with you, it's about writing something that you all can understand, something you can feel and from the 10+ emails I received I would say that "Hate" was a post you could understand all too well. I hope to update you on the matter when school begins again in January.

Moving right along. My Niece and almost niece are such a joy in my life. With one born in July and the other in September the Coach and I are in baby heaven. Sometimes it gives me baby fever....and then we go back to the shoebox where we can sleep through the night and I forget alllllll about that baby fever ;-)
My Sister, and her family got into Tampa last night and unlike the Coach and I, they must split their time all over the city because HotRod, my brother-in-law is also from Tampa. My sister's son is Grant. I rave about the little monster rather often on this blog. And from what I understand he has embraced this idea of being a "terrible two." My poor sister.  Baby Annabelle on the other hand, has been a rather darling baby. She likes to be held, she sleeps fairly well and she is generally undisturbed by her brother's antics (this is a good sign for the rest of their lives- she's a smart girl already.) But ALL of this is simply second hand information to me. I haven't seen Grant since June and I HAVE NEVER MET ANNABELLE.....UNTIL TODAY!
My Dad (Pops) with Annabelle at Grant's 2nd birthday party in October.
Annabelle Elizabeth (love that name!) was born in September. And between school and football I haven't been able to get home. Born with the same raven hair and coal eyes as her brother and mother this little baby is a gem! I can't wait to scoop her up and introduce her to the most AMAZING (and only) Aunt she'll ever know!

The coffee calls to me from the kitchen and after last night (post to come,) I need it!

Love & Peace (and thank you for the moral support)

No comments:

Post a Comment