Sunday, December 25, 2011

Goals.

Do you have yours yet? Those New Year's Resolutions, the self improvements, the GOALS for your new year????

I've been thinking about mine for a few months now, and I've been working towards them in my mind. So starting next week when 2012 dawns, I'll have lots of work to do! This years I have 5 goals:

1. From January to June, I want to focus on what it is to be someone's wife, and good one at that. The Coach and I are good at being a couple, and we're GREAT at being best friends. But by the time I walk down the aisle on June 30th,  I want to be sure that I am completely ready to be the Coach's wife. There is a Newly and Nearly Married class offered at one of the churches in our community and we're thinking about participating and maybe even joining worship there...all though the Coach really prefers attending Mass. What would you suggest? How did you prepare to become a wife or a husband?

2. From June to December, I want to focus on making the first 6 months of marriage as drama free as possible. And if you know me at all (even from the blog) you'll recognize that that is going to be quite the challenge. I live my life in cycles of meltdowns: meltdown over college, meltdown over sorority, meltdown over moving back to Kentucky, meltdown over new job, meltdown over moving in with the Coach, meltdown over NEXT new job... you get the picture. Let us all say a little prayer for 6 months without a meltdown.

3. When my Mom came to Kentucky for a visit in October she brought up this cookbook filled with all of our families most cherished recipes. So in the new year, I would like to cook one (1) new item from my cookbook every week this year. Whether it is a main dish, side, salad or snack. I want to expand our food horizons! 


4. Uh, I'm getting married- I'm going to need to be in the best shape of my (adult) life this year. No really. I guess the goal would really be to stay on WW and keep with my crazy diet (seen here) and go to the gym at least 4 times a week. 


5. In case you missed it, my professional life is lacking a certain...joy. So in 2012, I hope to embrace my hobbies. Those would include but are not limited to: Planning our wedding, zumba, cooking new foods, reading on my new kindle, shopping, crafting (thank you Pinterest) and keeping The Shoebox clean!


What are your goals for the new year?? And what other suggestions might you have for me??


Love & Peace

1 comment:

  1. Wanna make a joint resolution with me for 2012? Make a vow that we all (me, you, Diane, + some) get together for a weekend once per year - girl's weekend, couples weekend, whatever! I miss you all!

    I'm going to go back to an old new year's resolution that I actually kept and have since forgotten - drink more water!

    My others include - have more fun/be more spontaneous/travel, get outdoors more - run, bike, hike, and continue to focus on my relationship with Jesus!

    Suggestion for no 6 month post-marriage melt downs - Don't sweat the small stuff. Sooooooo hard to do but so true!

    ReplyDelete