Monday, May 2, 2011

Wish List.

My birthday is Friday, and just like every other year, I am BURSTING with excitement.


Birthday's are so great- you get calls from all the people you love and you can eat anything you want.
The years post grad have been really great. At WKU my birthday ALWAYS fell in the middle of finals week so if I wasn't taking a MATH final on my birthday, I was studying for one- yuck. And now that college is over, I can enjoy a week with NO studying and NO tests.

As a child my parents did a GREAT job with birthdays. On my 9th birthday I had a softball game but 5 of my friends got to come along, have dinner with my family, and then come back to the house for a sleepover. My birthday party in 7th grade was pretty fun too, it had a Hawaiian theme and I remember lots of swimming in my parents pool. My 18th birthday was a DREAM. I was getting ready to move away to college and so I had 10 of my closest life long friends for a tea party at the Tampa Palms Country Club. Last year for 23, Coach and I went on our first couples vacation with my best friend and her husband, who we absolutely LOVE. We spent a couple of low key, super fun days in Clearwater- it was a blast.


(The BFF/my big sister in KD & her cute hubs)
But by far, the best birthday was 21. My Dad was coming up to take me to the Derby with my Sister and my Best Friend (Same BF mentioned above just pre-marriage). I had a dress and a hat and I got to go to Derby for the first time ever. I can remember the entire day like it just happened. (My sister, Me, and Staci at Derby!)



(My sweet Dad with his daughters.)
This year our plans are pretty simple but really good :-) Coach got me a MASSAGE! I mean, hello?? BEST GIFT EVER! I'm taking half of a personal day on Friday so that I can experience my brithday AWAY from a classroom full of kids. Then for dinner we're going to Mariah's because my favorite thing on the planet is Shrimp and Grits from that fabulous place. And then 2 of my favorite people from School and my best friend from college and their men are meeting us for drinks at 44o later that night! I am so excited I can hardly stand it.
To wrap things up I thought I would share a little birthday wish list with you all:


1. PEACE in the middle east and all around the world.


2. Wisdom for our nation's leaders.


3. Sunshine and NO flooding in SOKY.
4. Good teaching jobs for the coach and me in the fall (LOTS of budget cuts this year.)
5. As much time with my family as possible.
6. Effortless wedding planning.


7. Health and Happiness for EVERYONE.

Love and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment