Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm sorry, did you say 300 people?!?!?

We really do hope that our wedding is this much fun, however....



Coach and I were out of school yesterday because it was Election Day and as in most places our public schools are used as polling places.


This was an excellent opportunity for some Professional Developement and some R & R. We had a nice day together. To end the night we started creating our WEDDING GUEST LIST. Coach comes from a REALLY REALLY BIG family. His Dad is 1 of 10 children and his mother is 1 of 8. The man has 65+ FIRST cousins.


I don't have a tiny family but it doesn't compare to the Coach. I expected our list to be around 225 and I expected between 190 and 200 people to attend....Boy was I wrong.


Our list is at 300...300!!!

We're still 13 months out, I know that we'll need to add a few people between now and then so the number will only go UP! I know that as you're reading this that your reaction is to tell me to simply cut my guest list. Believe me, I thought of this myself. However, 182 of our guests are Coach's (close) family! 80 of the guests are my close family and my parents friends and the remaining 40-ish guests are a combination of our bridal party & their dates, a FEW of our mutual college friends & their dates and a FEW of our professional collegues. We are not inviting my entire sorority- in fact I'm only inviting about 6 girls from college (with dates, that's 12.) Coach is not inviting every guy from his flag football team, in fact he's only inviting 2 of them and 1 of them is in our bridal party....


Look, we love our family, and we love our friends, I am not trying to complain about that I am simply sharing my SHOCK and my embarrassing inability to estimate!


300 people???? Holy crap.


Love and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment