Thursday, November 22, 2012

From 20-something....20-someone.

I can remember having multiple conversations with multiple peers of mine in the weeks and months that followed our college graduations about the directions that we were all taking. There were a few commonalities in these conversations: fear, misdirection, excitement, hope and fear- did I mention that one?

So here we are 4, 5, 6 years removed from our college years. We are now solidly planted in our 20's. And where are we? Well, let me introduce you to a new series on the blog called From 20-something to 20-someone!  For the next 6 weeks I will be featuring a new 20 Someone every Saturday who I hope will inspire you to keep on keepin' on. Today's post will feature one of the 20 something girls I know who has definitely become 20 someone!


 
This is Staci. Staci and I have been friends for 7 1/2 years. She was my "big sister" when I joined my sorority in college. She is the most consistent, loyal, forgiving friend I have ever had. She has seen me work through some seriously heavy stuff in college and put up with a lot of drama from me so I'm pretty excited to share her story with your first.

Staci's is 27 and married to her high school sweetheart. After graduation from Western Kentucky University in 2007, Staci and her then fiance', Clint made a move to Indianapolis so that Staci could go to graduate school, she earned her MBA a year or so later and the couple made a move to Louisville, Kentucky where Staci took a job working as a Tax Consultant for Deloitte. She spent 2+ years working 60-70 hour work weeks and becoming a CPA. In January of 2011 Staci, her now husband and the puppies made a move to their "hometown" of Lexington, Kentucky where Staci now works as a Tax Analyst for Ashland Inc.

This girl is superwoman. She makes the most incredible NON-pinterest inspired crafts you've ever seen. Her home is immaculate, it looks like a model home and she makes time for hiking and date nights with her husband. I can't really tell you how many conversations we've had about babies and careers and buying houses and buying cars and taxes and being too old or too young. As together as she is, Staci will be the first to admit that every day is only one step toward her long term goals and the dreams that she and her husband share. She is no longer just a 20 something, she survived the post undergrad, post graduate school meltdowns and she is truly a 20 Someone and an inspiration to all of us. Check back in on Saturday and I'll share with you all what Staci has to say about how she went from 20 Something to 20 Someone:

Here's a sneak peak at the seriously gorgeous, smart, talented and BRAVE women who'll be featured over the next few weeks.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment