Thursday, November 1, 2012

A day in the life...of my sister?

I took a personal day. There were a number of reasons but they are all...well, personal so I'll spare you the details. I'll just say that there has been too much sadness and death around us lately. I am deeply rooted in my faith and I know that God is teaching us so much during this time and as of right now, I've decided not to blog about it, really and instead focus on the little things that bring joy to my life because after all, that's what this blog is all about- seeking out the little, tiny things in our lives that serve as our inspiration for the days that follow.

  I will, however, share with you all the things that I accomplished today post personal business.
 
Today, I played housewife.
And it was AWESOME!
 
I put Baja Chipole Chicken in the crock pot.
 
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 can of Hunts tomatoes with garlic and onions, 2 cups of chopped or sliced fresh mushrooms, 1 cup of fresh spinach, 1 cup of Lowry's Baja Chipolte Marinade. Put in crock pot on high for 4 to 6 hours. Serve as a main dish if you'd like. We'll be eating in on buns tonight like BBQ chicken :-)
I sorted the laundry and washed 3 loads.
 
I think we need a new system for organization in this room...the dryer looks like a disaster. Oops. The Coach ALWAYS does the laundry so the only time I ever come in the laundry room is when I'm walking through it to get to my car in the garage...you may notice(in the corner) that the cat food and litter box are also in this room...yeah the Coach does that job too. Come to think of it....what do I usually do around here????
I cleaned 2 spare bedrooms.
"The Blue Room" Come visit any time...the sheets are clean :-)
  
I organized my closet and the Coach's closet...yes, we keep our clothes separate. If we didn't my things would eat the Coach's stuff.
I have a stuff problem. My shoes begin to the left, outside the frame of this picture and wrap alllllllll the way around the closet passed the frame of the picture on the right. AH!
 
I cleaned the poolbath.
Doesn't everyone have their Cat Tree in the spare bathroom?? It's perfect for viewing the jungle aka the back yard ;-)
 
I cleaned the Kitchen.
 
I made a flower arrangement out of the roses from my "row of roses" in the back yard!
 
 
I put away the Halloween decor and packed up the candy to take to school tomorrow for my Treasure Box...let's get that crap out of here before I weigh 198lbs again!
 
I had a glass of tea.
I'm getting used to that initial :-)
 
I took a LOOOONNNNGGG hot shower.  
And I went to JoAnn's Fabric for a pony tail bow to wear for tomorrow's homecoming game!

I think I would say this was a successful personal day. But I really miss my class. I can't wait to see my kiddos tomorrow and hear all out their adventurous day with the "Guest Teacher."

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment