Sunday, October 21, 2012

The maxi dress.

I have only 1 maxi dress people, but I'm telling you I love it. I wore my black maxi to church this morning with a long necklace and my denim jacket because believe it or not it's actually cool enough to warrant a jacket...if you consider 75 and breezy cool enough :-) My outfit this morning got me thinking about the Florida "Fall and Winter" options in my wardrobe and honestly I don't think I have enough. It's hard to imagine that considering the offensive amount of clothing in my closet but as I prepare to put away some blatantly summer clothing this evening (like my white or lemon sorbet shorts) I have come to find that I have no "inbetweener" outfits. I have summer clothes, Old Navy fleece jackets to put over my summer clothes for the fall and then I have stuff for winter. And I'm talking tights, wool skirts, heavy sweaters, and suede boots. These are fun pieces that I intend to keep...for my trip to Kentucky in December. But otherwise I find that 7 years in Kentucky has killed my Florida "Fall and Winter" wardrobe. I need light weight clothes that match the color palette expectations of the later seasons and lightweight layers to add some depth to those outfits.

So to my decision I have come...

In the spring and summer I liiiivvveee in sundresses and wedges so in the fall and winter I plan to live in maxi dresses and cardigans.  Look at some of the fun options I found- Enjoy!

target

target

mod cloth

mod cloth
There is my black maxi that I love so dearly- and Kasey's cute maxi too :-)
Ok so there they are my new fall orders, all worn in my classroom with a cardi of course. What are you planning to wear this fall? (In Florida or further north!)

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment