Friday, October 19, 2012

God Bless my husband.

HI!!!!! Sorry I suck. I'm back...for now :-)

I am coming up for air because today is our first day off of the 2012-2013 school year!!!! Hooray, I say! The 1st quarter ended yesterday after what was a hellacious 3 weeks for me. I worked 12 hour days for 15 straight days which included 3 district trainings, 14 parent teacher conferences, 3 unit test, 15 end of quarter assessments, 6 DRA's and formal observation from my Principal.  Please allow me to mention that is is also still football season and that on Thursday and Friday nights I have been attending Armwood Hawk JV and Varsity football games without fail. While I am tired, there is no exhaustion that compares to what my husband must be feeling...without one single complaint. Brace yourselves, I'm getting ready to brag....

As a first year coach on this team, the Coach's job has been to basically learn the ins and outs of their program and so while I'm not getting to see him in action as much as I'd like on Friday nights, I really love to see him elbow deep in the JV team on Thursdays. This is his 6th season as a high school football coach and I love the way I have seen him develop as a true teacher of the game.  Coach gets home from football between 7 and 7:30 every night after having woken up at 5:45am and teaching junior and senior ESE (special education) English all day. We eat dinner together and then he spends his evening either working on his projects for graduate school, or grading English papers until he goes to bed at 10pm. On Thursday nights he's never home from a JV game before 11pm and on Friday's we're never home before midnight. He gets up by 8am on Saturday mornings from meetings and practice that last until noon or 1pm, then he comes home and mows the lawn, washes both cars, and usually starts the laundry.

And I thought I was tired!!!

The best part of all of this is the JOY that my husband carries in his heart. With steady hands and broad shoulders he carries the burden of his every day life with enough room in his heart for my needs and wants. This morning (before he left for an extra day of football practice) he talked with me at length about last nights game and our plans for the weekend and our plans for the future and anything that I felt like chatting about. Did he want to talk to me at 8am after getting home after 1am? No, probably not. But he did :-)

He is such an inspiration to me. His positive, loving presence is a reminder to me NOT to complain. He reminds me every day how hard workers always persevere and how really good men DO still exist.
God Bless my husbands, God Bless him.
 
https://www.facebook.com/lizevans#!/saraGphotography?fref=ts

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment