Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mess.

So the Coach and I are moving in 7 days. This is what the shoe box looks like tonight....


Um, Holy Crap.

The Coach and I are seriously considering killing each other right about now because we have about 10,000 things to do and I'm so overwhelmed by just the idea of them all that I can't seem to get moving on any of them. This makes the Coach angry with me and it makes me feel bad and cry and shut down...thus nothing happens except more fighting. Oh, did I mention that we're also getting married in 24 days and that my car is in the shop and that we're going to Louisville for a wedding this weekend and that I'm not finished moving out of my classroom yet or that our apartment owner is trying to stick us for an extra month's rent and that we're trying to sell all of our furniture?????? We are swamped people. SWAMPED.

That being said, have I mentioned that I have not prayed ONE single time this week? Yes, I know it's only Tuesday but I'm thinking I haven't prayed since Friday...maybe longer than that. And I'm wondering why I'm so stressed!! Ever heard the expression, "Let go and Let God?" Well I have, and I really try to apply to all areas of my life...and for some reason I haven't allowed that to take any part in this move or the crunch time of the wedding.  Have I lost my mind? If there is ever a time when I need to "lean not on my own understanding" it would be now.

Do you remember me telling you how stressed and miserable the Coach and I were when we first moved in to The Shoebox? Well, this week has been basically just like that. We are both an emotional capacity and what we need is space and prayer. Please think of us this week as we make the move to Florida. Please pray for travel mercies and for relationship mercies. Pastor Roper told us once during a pre-marital session that "our love is bigger than anything we could ever face" and I'm needing lots of reminders of that right about now. Thanks for following and supporting! I love y'all very much and I can't wait to have the time to update you all about my girls weekend in Tampa soon!

Love & Peace!


p.s. if you know of any cleaning fairies, send them our way!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for the peace that passes all understanding! Sometimes you just need God's peace to get you through a situation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. make a list for each of you, do one thing at a time and don't stress if you don't complete the list. Take deep breaths and remember this too shall pass. Sending many prayers your way!

    April

    ReplyDelete