Saturday, August 20, 2011

Listen people, I'm a snob but so is the Coach.

We all know it. Let's just get it out there. I'll say it again, I'm a snob. I like the finer things in life, I loathe people with no manners and I don't like to be dirty...ok, maybe I'm a little bit of a brat too. BUT that being said I will share that I bought what I think will be my wedding shoes!!! (Mother must approve to be 100%) And I put aside my snobbery ways to purchase these Nine West Shoes from MARSHALLS!!!!!!!!!!! They were $20.00! Look at them- they are AMAZING!


Obviously, I can't post any pictures of my dress until post June 30th 2012 BUT this little photo should give you some insight into the glam of my gown :-) Usually I would ask what y'all think but today I will just say, even if you don't like them just lie to me- don't rain on my parade.



Have a told you about St. X? Oh, I haven't?? WELLLL....


St. Xavier (St. X) is where Coach went to high school. St. X is an exceptional school. They have such respect for tradition and academic integrity that I really can't say a bad word about the place other than it turned Coach into a MAJOR PRIVATE SCHOOL SNOB. (I did not attend a private high school and we all know that I am much smarter than Coach ;-) After all, I know everything.) Our friend Bobbi always teases Coach that his parents paid 8 thousand bucks a year for good catholic boy manners. And while there is probably some truth in that, I will say that I like those nice catholic manners very much. And for the Coach and his family St. X is much more than a high school. It's a part of them all. All 30+ male (1st) cousins that attended feel the same way. Coach played for and won a state championship during his time as a Tiger and proudly displays his "Band of Brother" memorabilia in his football office at the apartment. The Coach goes to see them play their rival every year, he only wears "hunter" green and never "shamrock" green as not to be reminded of that rival team even when it isn't football season. He drives by the stadium every time he's in town for the weekend, he talks to his brother for HOURS about their sock colors and the quarterback and he complains regularly about how stupid he thinks the visitor side of the stadium at their field looks. We're talking 7 years later people, he is OBSESSED.


Here is the Coach (and Sophia) watching the St. X game last night via the Internet. He said it was scouting, I say he was lying.
And so I come to the point of this paragraph... ON Friday September 2nd, 2011, there will be a crack in the planet. The coach will stand on the VISITORS side at the St. X field as the Bowling Green Purples take on the St. Xavier Tigers. OH. MY. GOD. Pray for me please. Because I'm pretty sure that as ugly and grouchy Coach can be during normal game weeks that this could mean the end of our engagement if I'm not really careful. I am seriously considering moving in with another coach's wife for the week just to avoid the tension. I'll let you know when it's closer to time- but I'm sure you'll see the dark cloud hanging over our apartment during the last week of August.

Between now and then we have a couple of other games. Starting tonight with the Rafferty's Bowl. It's a 2 game event at Western Kentucky University's football stadium and should be...interesting. The Purples play Allen County/Scottsville who went all the way to the state finals last season. So like I told my Dad, this could either be really good or REALLY bad. I think Coach may be in the press box on the headset tonight (and every other game this season) so I'll be bored out of my mind- I might have to actually WATCH the game rather than check out the Coach all night. I'll be bringing my new Vogue, Glamour, Louisville Guide (potentially for the Wedding Welcome Bags) and an Oriental Trading magazine to get me through the evening.



Ok, long post but I've missed you all :-) Please keep reading and tell ya friends!



Love & Peace football fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment