Saturday, April 23, 2011

Forgive me :-(

I have missed a number of "that's what she said" Wednesdays.
I have not blogged about my Saturday job. Or our Easter plans.









But speaking of plans, I will share that wedding planning is harddddd. There is so much to think about, yikes!





I am happy to say that I'm going to try on dresses next Saturday at this nice place in Glasgow...being from a place like Tampa made me think, "designer dresses in Glasgow???" (Snobby, I know, I'm sorry) But I have been assured repeatedly that this is the place to start. They are friendly but high end and I'm bringing a really great person along for the trip.

The deal behind my wedding gown is that my Mom has so graciously offered to buy it for me. And my Mom has GREAT taste, she has also chosen every formal, pageant gown and homecoming dress I've ever worn. She knows my body, and my heart. She is the perfect person to buy my wedding gown. I'm going home in June for 4 days and I have to buy it then because I need to have a fitting in October when I'm home for fall break and then have my final fitting in December because I won't be home again until just before our wedding in June. I know it sounds a little extreme to start looking for a gown 14 months out but considering all of the moving parts, I just have to.

Now, in order to get prepared for our June 2011 wedding gown trip I am going to go and look and try on once or twice before I get home so that I can have an idea of what I like. So I'm bringing my friend Bobbi along. She just got married in October so the process is still fresh in her mind and her love of designer wedding gowns is plentiful. She is honest and because I haven't known her for a million years (like some of the bridesmaids) I know she won't feel any obligation to be sweet just for the sake of being sweet. I know she will help me find a good fit, style and designer for me so that when I go home my Mom & sister and I can focus on the details and the "feelings" you have when you're looking for your dress.

I'll be in touch and I'll be sure to let you know how things go next weekend.
Hoppy Easter! We're off to Louisville tonight to be with Ben's family.

Love & PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Rhonda at Bridals of Regiss Park hello! I worked there in high school and one of my oldest friends, Andrea works there as well! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! If you need more places to get ideas, check out The Bride Room or b.Hughes Bridal in Nashville. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete