Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A new purpose...

Trapped at 20-something!

I have decided recently, that there are no real lifestyle blogs for girls my age. So often the 20 something woman is drowning in her career, her classes, her marriage or her beer. I am none of these women. I am sitting, waiting and wishing somewhere in the middle. I am unmarried but committed, out of college but still working toward a career, and simply sipping on a weekly glass of wine. So I have decided that Day of Inspiration needs a greater purpose. One that is specific to the needs of women who are keeping their heads above water! I'm planning (key word is planning) to update the blog a little more frequently, and blog about my favorite things; my work (teaching), my hobbies (weddings, crafting, cooking and shopping), my family and my love life.

Starting with some of my new favorite blogs! Check out a few links, and do a little reading, it's surprising to me how much insight one can gain by reading someone else notes :-)


This blog is written by Sara, the wife of Davidson's head football coach, Tripp Merritt. She is sensational. She writes like a pro and yet, is easily relateable to all kinds of women. The Football Wife (or the FW as she calls herself) prefers a bit of anonymity but still keeps you feeling connected and up to date on her adorable, everyday life. GREAT new mom and wife give-a-ways as well! (something I'm working on myself!)
Rabbit in the Moon is this fabulous little mommy & me boutique in Louisville Kentucky. The store is located in The Summit off the Crestwood exit and it is owned by Meagan Claypool, a Sorority sister of mine. Meagan runs this blog about all things adorable. She shares her favorite design ideas and new products in the store. Her taste is impeccable and the products she shares are just to die for!
"Home-Design-Children" is the tag line to this fabulous blog. It's linked to a number of other great pages so check it out!
My good friend, Sara Puckett, is one of the writers for this 20-something college blog. Her features are pretty specific to sororities but the other posts are wildly diverse. With tabs on Nutrition, Fashion, Etiquette & Careers this blog is great for the college girl on the go. It's age appropriate without being overly campy and dorm room focused. Share it with a 20 something you know!
I'll be back on tomorrow! I'm hoping to share some new photos of my favorite things. With J.Crew and Old Navy releasing their new summer lines, I can hardly make a "top 5 must have list"...it may HAVE to be 10! ;-)

1 comment: