Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hello World!

Well as they say, I am a "Bad Blogger." I'm sorry friends, sometimes life just gets in the way.
 
In recent news, School is out for Summer and we are loving it! I'd like to think that this is the biggest reason I haven't been blogging- time flies when you're having fun!
 
The Coach and I just celebrated our FIRST wedding anniversary on Sunday. In some ways it feels like it flew past us and in other ways it feels like a completely natural progression of time.  We celebrated by heading to Clearwater beach for dinner at our favorite restaurant The Beachcomber.
When we go there I think about getting something different and then I always order the New Bedford Sea Scallops, broiled with a wedge salad and whipped potatoes. It's delicious- why fix what isn't broken?!?!
 The champagne was yummy too. I surprised the Coach by booking a night a our favorite little Inn on the beach in Clearwater and while it was nice not to have to drive back to Tampa it was pretty sad that the weather was ugly. Central Florida is getting pounded buy a couple of days of yucky gray skies and serious rain. SO we enjoy a light breakfast the next morning and headed home to sleep the rest of the day away at home with the Kitties.
 
 
Also exciting is that the Coach and I went to New Orleans about 2 weeks ago. One of my oldest friends and his wife live outside the city and we wanted to go visit them this summer. They showed us everything the city had to offer in 4 days. I'm sure there is still so much more to see but we were overly satisfied by the quality time with our friends and the rich culture that is New Orleans. If we are friends on FB then you have already seen these photos but here are a few for the blog followers alone...

Enjoying a treat at Café Du Monte

 
This was my favorite stop of the whole trip. It's a bar/restaurant called The Chimes in Covington just near their home.
 
Our sweet friends Alan and Jessica, who are expecting baby Tripp in October!
 
It was National Wear Your Lilly Day while we were on St. Charles Street, so I was sporting "You gotta regatta" and we were enjoying our daiquiris!
 
 Well, There is lots more to share but I'll leave you today with a picture of our new home :-) I know what you're thinking, "new home? didn't you just move to Tampa?"
The short answer is that after a year of prayer and 5 solid months of SEARCHING we found a home that is the perfect fit for us and what we hope to soon be our growing family...
 
Love & Peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment