Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gratitude.

I so often find myself over taken by life's challenges. I try to look for the good in every thing, every day but all too frequently I find myself forgetting to "let go, and let God." The last couple of months have been fairly tumultuous, between the move back to Bowling Green, adjusting with Ben and the start of new jobs for both of us I haven't been spending enough time really praising God for everything that has gone so smoothly! I have also realized that not so long ago, things in my life were stressful in a very different way...


Ben has been in Louisville this weekend so I have had a lot of time to myself. One of the things I did was organize my computer. While I was skimming through pictures, I came across a couple of scary photos from the summer of 2008. I had been diagnosed with Cancer almost 4 months earlier but by July I was looking really rough. Dad and I had gone up to Chicago and Lake Geneva. We also took some time to shop on Michigan Avenue, my favorite place. My dad and I make this trip every summer (present summer excluded) and this was my 9th trip. I remember the trip vividly. I felt terrible the entire flight and when we got to our family friends lake house I was so sick to my stomach that I knocked an entire bottle of prescription medication into the running bathroom sink. I didn't eat very much and I was exhausted. I felt like a terrible guest because at that point we hadn't even told my extended family what was going on, let alone our family friends. I tearfully explained the situation to my Dad's family the next afternoon and my Mom's family a few months later.


These pictures reminded me that I have so much to be thankful for. My family has been forever changed by this illness and for many other families the results were not as good. I encourage you all today to thank God for the blessings in your life, no matter how small.


2 years in remission today :-)

Love and Peace to you all!
This Picture is from a Relay for Life event in Bowling Green. The banner says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment