Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday Meal!


Well if you're thinking that August is a little early to be celebrating my 24th birthday, you're right. However, the meal Ben and I had tonight was the stuff my dream birthday meals are made of! Football season Friday nights are pizza night. This is because I sit, alone, in the stands and watch a game I don't really get. And because pizza is my favorite thing in the world, Ben rewards me with it after a long night of spectating. It's exhausting people, exhausting I tell you.


Anyway, back to the meal. Ben's first scrimmage was tonight (He even call some defensive plays- a big deal for a man who just moved from Offense after 3 years) he and I went for Pizza a place called PizzAroma. It's really the only local pizza place in Bowling Green and we've been wanting to try it for months. During our 16 inch race around the pizza pan I notices a picture of Italian Cream Cake and I started to drool. I stopped eating pizza almost immediately in a half-assed effort to save some room for cake. When we found out that they were in fact OUT of Italian Cream Cake, Ben offered to drive us through Dairy Queen to split a Blizzard. Half way to Dairy Queen the dessert sadness set in...I didn't want ice cream, I wanted cake.


"RAFFERTY'S"

I yelled as we zipped past the parking lot,

"Ben! Let's go in and get real dessert!!!"


Ben reluctantly turned around only to lament in the process that he had a gift card back at the apartment. And just when I thought my dessert dreams were dashed, Ben spotted a neighboring TGI Fridays. As soon as we were inside and scouring the menu I noticed a desire for Green Bean Fries slowly taking control of my senses.


That's right people, We ordered Green Bean Fries and Vanilla Bean Cheesecake at Friday's after devouring 8 inches of out 16 inch pizza. How ridiculous!!! I must say we made it home with a plethora of left-overs but could we have been any more off-the-wall tonight? Needless to say, Ben and I are beat. Food Comas for us both.



Goodnight all, and Happy Friday Night Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment