Saturday, March 23, 2013

Move along lists

Moving can be very complicated. When I moved from Nashville to Bowling Green a few years ago I spent a huge amount of time organizing plastic storage bins and typing up lists of content. I even color coded the external lables to match the rooms in our tiny little apartment (later known as The Shoebox) where the containers need to be placed. Orange for the Kitchen, Green for the Den, Yellow for our bedroom and pink for the living room. I wrote K, D, BR and LR on the boxes too.  I was uncharacteristically organized and I would say "prepared" for the move...my Dad, brother-in-law and father-in-law might not all agree but I felt like I did pretty well.
 
There were some things I didn't anticipate. Those were the little things that you need starting the very first moment you move into your place. The Coach and I were incredibly blessed to have my Dad in town when we moved into our Kentucky apartment and he SO graciously took us to Walmart for $200 worth of things I hadn't even thought about. Moving is relatively expensive and I know now that we've moved to Tampa that it gets even more expensive when you move from an apartment to a house! 
 
So often when we move, we eat our way through the freezers and we intentionally get to the last of disposable items so that we don't have to move them BUT then we get to our new places and need those things right away! So I have compiled a of list of things that you might need in those first few days, just to help you avoid forgetting about the little things (and their often big costs!)
 
 
 
 
Love & Peace
 

1 comment:

  1. i'm forwarding this to my brother and soon to be sister-in-law. this is a great list!

    ReplyDelete