Friday, July 6, 2012

Up to date.

Dear Friends- It has been a unforgivable amount of time since I have last written. And I'd like to take some time tomorrow to post a few fun things including pictures. But for tonight I'll simply update you...

The Coach and I moved to Tampa on the 12th. We had a very busy morning but got on the road by 10am and after what felt like the more exhausting trip of my life we arrived in Tampa at 2am, returned our rental van at 3am and slept until noon the following day. We were so tired that our bodies physically hurt. BUT we were SO happy to be in Tampa that all we could feel was joy.

We had originally planned to visit my sister and her family in Orlando that Friday but delayed the trip to Sunday so that my Dad could come along and celebrate Father's day with both of his daughters for the first time in 7 years. On Saturday morning my Mom and I went shopping together when I got a text from my Sister, Amanda, that said "Annabelle (my 9 month old niece) has some sort of stomach bug. You may not be able to come this weekend but I'll let you know. Pray that we don't all catch it." Mom and I took the afternoon to lay by the pool. Amanda called her once and they talked for just a few moments. That night the Coach and I went to dinner alone with my Dad as an early Father's day celebration and towards the end of the meal I looked down at my phone to see 3 missed calls, 2 voice mails and a text from my Mom. "PLEASE call me, now." 

She sounded almost surprised when she told me. It was like the words just fell out of her mouth.

"Annabelle died."

I just handed the phone to my Dad. I couldn't listen. I couldn't breathe. I sat there staring at the Coach, praying he could read my mind so that I wouldn't have to tell him. I couldn't hear what my Mom was saying but I kept hearing Dad say, "oh, no, oh no..."

The 10 days that followed were surreal. Family, and sadness, and joyful little Grant.
There is so much more I could share about those few days, but I just can't tonight.

It's been a few weeks, and there has been a memorial service, and there has been a wedding. There has been growth and pain and love, so much love. But Amanda and her husband and their 2 year old son Grant still need your prayers. Everyday is harder and easier. But I beg please, to continue to pray for Walton's as they heal from the loss of sweet baby Annabelle Elizabeth Walton.




1 comment: