Monday, January 24, 2011

The "OMG, I wish I had..." list.

Some of my friends are young mothers and they carry around these bags that rival Mary Poppins. In fact, my friend Jamie (a young mother) made her purse and it's over-the-top contents part of her New Year Resolution. She vowed to start carrying only what was absolutely necessary. You know, really, some of my friends who not young mothers are guilty of the same!

While I have never had this problem (I tend to carry bags too small for my items) I DO find myself wishing I had things with me that I don't. So I have comprised a list for the "Jamie's" and the "Me's" of the crowd.

This is my "OMG, I wish I had...." list!


1. Start with something small, that has a zipper to keep the contents contained. I am a Coach girl so I chose a Medium Coach Optical Wristlet. And I always use something brightly colored so it will stick out in the bottom of my purse. If you're not a Coach girl, I'll tell you that Vineyard Vines and J.Crew have similar bags.

2. Pony Tail Holder & Bobby Pins! Even if your hair is too short for the 50's style, you should keep hair accessories handy!


3. Cash is a MUST. I'm not a big cash carrier. I know that if it's in my wallet, I am WAY more likely to spend it. However, you never know when you might need a few bucks. The Valet? A tip? You just never know. So stick with a 20 and you'll be set.


4. Tic-Tacs, Band-Aids, Advil, Nail File!

....Girl, just pack it. They are mini but mighty.


5. Lovely lips require some attention through the winter, so be sure that you pack some protection for your pout. I'm a Burt's Bee's girl for necessity and a Bigelow girl for smooching. Depending on your plans- you decide.



OR

6. Last but not least, an extra pair of earrings. Never, ever should a woman with pierced ears go out without earrings. And in the event that you might lose a stud (Or BOTH) you should always carry an extra pair. I chose pearl studs for my "OMG" bag. They go with everything :-)


That's the list, now go on girls and organize your carry-alls! Make room for this baggie and your own needs :-)
Love and Peace on this Manic Monday!

2 comments:

  1. This really is such a good idea! I have most of this in my purse right now!! Burt's bees is a must for me! I would perish without it...at least my lips would. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is too cute! I LOVE Bigelow especially in the winter time!!

    ReplyDelete