Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday is NOT Funday :-(


My routine during the week consists of getting up at 5:30am everyday and heading to work at and Elementary School about 20 minutes from my apartment. At 8am on Tuesdays & Thursdays, I head home to dress up and drive over to Job #2 of the day; a fabulous children's boutique called Little LuLu's (the place is AMAZING!-I'll share more next blog!) and then at 2pm, every day, I head over to another Elementary School just outside of town for job #3 of the day. I get off at 6pm and I'm home by 6:30. On M, W, F when I'm not at the Boutiques, I get in my office hours for my school job...So while I'm not teaching in my own classroom this year, I am EVEN more busy than I have ever been.

Now in the evenings on Monday nights and Thursday nights, Ben has JV & Freshman games. This means he doesn't get home until 8pm. I try to attend as many as I can, but really people, you can only expect so much from me! Then of course on Friday nights are varsity game nights and I have been attending ALL home games and as many away games as I possibly can. Saturday mornings at 9, Ben goes to football and I try to work at Little LuLu's as many Saturdays as I possibly can. And when I'm not working Ben and I try to make it to WKU home games, UK games and even a couple of UofL games if I can BEG him for long enough.

Please do not misunderstand-I am not complaining about my life- I LOVE working and I LOVE Ben and it's Football season so what is written above is simply the nature of the beast. I am extremely glad I don't have children right now, Jeremiah-the cat- is all I can handle. Here's where I AM complaining: SUNDAY- a day of rest- a time for family- good food- relaxing....As the Judd's would say "WHY NOT ME???"

By Sunday morning my home looks as if and F5 has come through obliterating everything in it's path!!! When I want to be watching Sunday Morning and Meet the Press I am forced to skim my Martha Stewart Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Lists in an attempt to put my inside-out, Alice in Wonderland, Tornado Stricken apartment back in order. I'm pretty sure my exposure to cleaning product fumes is exactly why I work so slowly on Monday morning. My excessive inhalation of Lysol HAS to be toxic! How does one woman and one cat make such a mess is 7 days??
1. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??

2. WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS AM I GOING TO DO WHEN I HAVE A HOUSE TO CLEAN?

3. AND WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN I HAVE CHILDREN???

HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT?????

HOW DID MY MOTHER SURVIVE??

Perhaps I should just let it all go. Maybe I should simply allow myself to start living like those people on "Hoarders: Buried Alive" I'm pretty sure if I just gave in, after about 2 weeks I would be eligible for the show. Jeremiah would probably run away and Ben would want to kill me but at least I could go back to Hazelnut coffee and Charles Osgood....

Just to prove that I am, for once, not over exaggerating I have included below a picture of my bedroom floor.
However, to keep you all from judging me forever, I have also included a picture of my spotless kitchen- perhaps this will save me from ridicule :-)






LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU ALL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment